- Economics of Risk and Time, Public Economics (focus: agriculture, environment, innovation), Experimental Economics.
- Structural elicitation of higher-order risk and time preferences
- Public policies under retarded risk or uncertainty resolution
- Socially efficient valuation of very long-term investments and of multivariate contexts
- Ph. D. Economics (Dr. rer. pol.), Dresden University of Technology (D), July 2008
Thesis: Distorted Time Preferences and Structural Change in the Energy Industry. A Theoretical and Applied Environmental-Economic Analysis
Committee: Marco Lehmann-Waffenschmidt (advisor), Christian von Hirschhausen, Malte Faber
- M. A. Economics (Diplom-Volkswirt), University of Heidelberg (D), 2001
- B. Sc. Mathematics (Vordiplom), University of Heidelberg (D), 2001
- Courses in Economics, Bachelor and Master level, University of Quebec at Montreal (CAN), 1998-1999
- B. A. Economics (Vordiplom), University of Konstanz (D), 1998
- "Economics of Uncertainty and Information," lecture at Master level. Department of Economics, University of Rennes 1, 2012-2017 (5x)
- "The Economics of Climate Change and Carbon Markets" (ECON5121), graduate course. School of Economics, Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales, 2009
- Graduate seminar "Selected Topics in Environmental Economics," supervision of term papers. Department of Economics, Dresden University of Technology, 2008
- "Macroeconomics," 2nd year undergraduate tutorial.
Alfred-Weber Institute for Economics, University of Heidelberg, 2002-2004 (10x)
- INRA, Research Department SAE2, young researcher's grant: Regulating Spatial Environmental Externalities under Uncertainty, €10,000, 01-12/2012
- Australian Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts; Commonwealth Environmental Research Facilities; Environmental Economics Research Hub: Modelling the Potential Interactions between the Australian 20% Renewable Energy Target and the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme within the Australian National Electricity Market, research grant, AU$ 90,000 (with Regina Betz, Iain MacGill), 01/2009-06/2010
Invited Seminars (upcoming included):
- "Consumption Smoothing and Precautionary Saving under Recursive Utility," EMLYON Business School, Lyon, 03/2016
- "Consumption Smoothing and Precautionary Saving in Experiments," MRIC, LMU Munich, 02/2014
- "Prudential Saving: Evidence from a Laboratory Experiment," CREM, Rennes, 06/2013
- "Prudential Saving: Evidence from a Laboratory Experiment," LEF, Nancy, 03/2012
- "Prudential Saving: Evidence from a Laboratory Experiment," UMR SMART, Rennes, 05/2011
- "Distorted Time Preferences and Time-to-Build in the Transition to a Low-Carbon Energy Industry" (in French), Séminaire Jeunes d'EconomiX, University of Paris-West Nanterre-La Défense, 04/2011
- "Distorted Time Preferences and Time-to-Build in the Transition to a Low-Carbon Energy Industry,"
Paris Environmental and Energy Economics Seminar, 01/2011
- "Technology Choice and Time of Transition in the German Electricity Industry under Environmental and Technology Policy: A New Case for Nuclear Power?" Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig, 01/2007
Conference Presentations (upcoming included):
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Eastern Economic Journal, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Journal of Risk and Insurance, Management Science, Theory and Decision.
- Fluent in English and French, native in German